- Enhance and improve the customers experience when using our website (customer-centric)
- Make customer web interaction easier, simpler and more convenient
- Simplify and improve access to council business processes
- Deliver services at reduced cost
- Utilise digital technology to manage/serve customers
- Actively promote ‘digital by default’
- To expand services available digitally
- Make digital services accessible from any mobile device
- Creating leaner processes
- Driving productivity and innovation
The project was identified as a requirement from the Corporate Web team due to the low SOCiTM website rating.
The Customer First programme seeks to make more services available online for Glasgow citizens and therefore was the ideal platform to deliver website redesign. In addition, the programme team had extensive experience in project management, stakeholder engagement and supplier management.
The project team worked with internal customers/stakeholders to scope requirements. Using existing groups (Internet Working Group) the project team discussed/agreed objectives with representatives from the different business areas and the objectives and project scope were approved by the customer.
- A third party design agency engaged with Glasgow citizens to identify requirements
- Citizens were recruited to capture views/feedback on designs and use of the website
- Feedback was incorporated and a set of iterative designs for the website were produced
- The new website launched internally to council staff with feedback encouraged (online form)
- Website demonstrations held with customer facing staff to promote its ease of use and to direct customers online
Customer Business Services provided project management, governance skills/experience, business analysis and reporting knowledge. The Corporate Web team contributed web development experience as did representatives from council service areas responsible for website content in their business area.
The research was planned and delivered as a collaborative, responsive and iterative process which developed and adapted according to findings.