All Public Protection activity takes place within two axes:
- Preventative – Reactive
- Individual – Community engagement
- Community and Agency staff awareness raising
- Education / risk management initiatives
- Specific initiatives to address identified harm to groups – e.g financial harm / child sexual exploitation
- Investigation and protection planning
The Public Protection Office is well placed at the hub in the centre of the whole spectrum of activity having an overview / offering support and guidance towards a more holistic approach.