Renfrewshire Companies sign up to a partnership commitment with the Council where they offer a range of support to unemployed young people including:
o work experience;
o a workplace visit;
o world of work talk;
o staff time;
o a job;
o an internship opportunity;
o to become accredited as a living wage employer.
- The Invest in Renfrewshire team then liaise with that employer and bring them into the employability programmes at the right time and where they can best make a contribution.
- Renfrewshire Council agrees to support that company to grow and develop through a range of officer and business finance support through Invest in Business.
Invest in Business
Renfrewshire Council has committed to a range of supports to help a company to grow and develop including:
- Wage incentives of up to £5k to create a new and additional job;
- A free recruitment service to link appropriate people looking for work to the vacancy;
- Company training grants to improve innovation and productivity;
- Business grants to grow or expand the business;
- Property search support and premises grants;
- Internship grants of £5k to employ a graduate intern;
- Interest free business loans of up to £5k;
- Larger loans of up to £100k through the West of Scotland Loan Fund;
- Start –up grants;
- Business Incubator;
- Support staff.
Invest in Youth
Renfrewshire Council provides an extensive employability pipeline of services for any unemployed person in the area. The services are based on the 5 stage employability pipeline and offer a staged progression towards employment with support from a Key Worker. An integrated Youth Employability Hub has been developed and a similar centre for adult unemployed (over 30 years) is also available.
The 5 key stages of the pipeline have a range of activities available to develop an individual and it is these activities that have developed to incorporate support and participation from the private sector.