- Establishment and consolidation of a partnership Strategic Transport Board to oversee co-ordination, commissioning and improvement of transport.
- A Joint Transport Procurement Framework was been developed and implemented through which all partnership procured transport activity is and will be procured. Expected benefits include improvements in quality, greater supplier opportunities, improved supplier management market stimulation and financial efficiencies.
- Implementation of Community Transport Hub, which co-ordinates all community transport activity in the Borders, provides a single point of contact for service users, maximises use of assets, supports and builds a volunteer base and provides a means of transport for people requiring access to social and health services. Significantly it helps tackle issues of isolation and contributes to early intervention and prevention.
- Improvements to Bus and rail connectivity around the new Borders Railway connectivity to help maximise its economic and social impact.
- Commissioned a feasibility study through Car Plus into the potential of establishing a Car Club in the Scottish Borders.
The Sustainable Transport Programme is a key and far reaching Scottish Borders partnership programme of change aimed at better co-ordinating and enhancing transport provision in the Borders to improve access and outcomes for communities.
A partnership Strategic Transport Board (STB) was established in 2014 and has overseen the development and implementation of a significant transport change programme. STB membership includes the Council, RSL’s, NHS Borders, Borders College, Scottish Ambulance Service, Voluntary sector community transport provides and private sector bus providers. Not only does it develop and oversee improvement activity it provides a regular forum for considering transport issues and exploring potential partnership solutions. Working in this way has facilitated CPP wide consideration of transport challenges and opportunities, with all partners being fully engaged and having a mind-set focused on changing to meet the challenges faced by our organisations and Borders citizens.