In preparation for submitting our ARC, West Lothian Council undergo an extensive programme of planning, co-ordinating and validating data from across the service, ahead of it being input to the online portal. Our IT system provides reports and spreadsheets provide clear evidence, audit trails and assurance that the reported data could be verified.
Effectively a mini internal systems audit on all of the Charter outcomes;
- The customer/landlord relationship
- Housing quality and maintenance
- Neighbourhood and community
- Access to housing and support
- Getting good value from rent and service charges
- Other customers
The work involved in preparing West Lothian Council’s ARC submission are;
- Planning – this is defined primarily by the submission closing date of 31st May. Every task was planned backwards from this date.
- Walk through – meeting with every responsible officer from across the service to ensure they understand the guidance of the ARC.
- The data – Our IT system produces reports that include data that is collected and manipulated to meet the ARC requirements
- Initial checks - the verification of the data collected against monthly performance reporting
- Evidence – storing the evidence in a secure, central location for audit purposes.
Through discussions with members of staff and documented evidence, the Regulator had the tools to undertake their assessment of West Lothian Council’s accuracy.